85g roasted, unsalted peanuts
1x can coconut milk + ½ can water
2x tins Masman Curry Paste (Find it at your local Asian grocer)
600g beef (Most cuts work that have a 15%+ fat content in them)
450g small potatoes (halved or quartered to equal size)
1 onion (cut into thin strips)
12x kaffir lime leaves (fresh or frozen)
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp palm sugar
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp fish sauce (can also get vegan fish sauce if people have allergies)
3 long red chillis
1. Fire up the Ozpig with the Oven Smoker attachment and aim for a smoker ambient cook temperature of 250-400F (120 - 200c). A base of lit charcoal and then feeding the fire with fruit log splits (we use cherry as it’s not too strong but still gives the food a nice lick of smoke).
2. Cube up beef into inch cubes (about the size of a ping pong ball).
3. Heat peanut oil in pan over high heat and add cubed beef. Toss frequently until outside browns. You are not cooking the beef through, just searing the outside off to get a tasty crust.
4. Set beef aside.
5. Add ¼ can coconut milk into pot over high heat and add both tins of curry paste.
6. Fry for 1 minute, stirring with spatula regularly to avoid burning.
7. Once fragrant add beef and toss until all coated.
8. Add all other ingredients except chilli and stir until combined.
9. Leave pot in Ozpig Oven Smoker (on a high shelf) for 1hr uncovered. This will impart the curry with a gentle lick of smoke.
10. After an hour, stir curry and put lid on.
11. Simmer for 2-3hrs. Add peanuts just before serving.
12. Serve with roti, coconut rice and your favourite bevarage!
Tip: To make the dish more spicy, add sliced red chilli’s during and/or after the cook.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.