2kgs pork neck cut into thin slices
2 guajillo chillies remove seeds and stems
2 pasilla chillies remove seeds and stems
2 ancho chillies remove seeds and stems
1 tbsp achiote paste
1/2 an onion
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup of pineapple juice
1/2 cup white vinegar
5 big jalapenos
4 medium tomatoes
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup water salt to taste
Chopped brown onions Chopped coriander
Squeeze of lime
1. Hydrate the chillies in 3 cups of warm water for 15 minutes.
2. Cook the onion tomatoes and garlic in a skillet until browned and soft, then add all the veggies and liquids to a blender.
3. Blend until it has a smooth.
4. Add to the meat and leave the marinade to do its magic for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
1. Blacken the skin of the veggies in a skillet and once they are all brown and soft blend to a chunky consistency with the water.
1. To build the rotisserie, slide an onion on one end, followed by half a pineapple and the marinated pork. Close the rotisserie end off with the other half of the pineapple.
2. Cook over medium to high heat.
3. As the outer layers start to caramelise, trim this outer layer off and serve tacos immediately.
4. This is a great food to entertain people because its full of theatre and takes a long time to cook!!!
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.