200g pork mince + 400g beef mince
1 onion (finely grated)
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp white pepper
1 tsp Ozpig Beef Rub
2 tbsp thickened cream
1 cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup plain flour
1¾ cup beef stock
¾ cup thickened creamed
Your favourite pickles (sliced thinly)
Lingonberry jam/sauce (found at speciality grocers)
500g mashing potatoes
¼ cup full cream milk
2 tbsp salted butter
1. Combine breadcrumbs, cream, pork and beef mince, onion, nutmeg, salt and white pepper into a large bowl and mix until combined (You can also buy pre-made meatballs from most supermarkets if you’re short on time – just make sure they’re pork and beef, not just beef otherwise they may dry out)
2. Form into ping pong ball sized meatballs and thread six onto each skewer (no gaps between meatballs otherwise they are more likely to slide on the skewers).
3. Fire up the Ozpig and using a Chargrill plate, barbecue the skewers for 10 minutes (depending on the temp and fire intensity, this time may vary. Simply cook until nicely charred on the outside and when you gently squeeze a meatball it’s firm and bounces back to its original shape. If it squashes…cook it longer).
4. Remove cooked meatballs from skewers and toss in hot pan with half the butter until all the meatballs have a lovely browned surface.
5. Set meatballs aside into a bowl but do not wash the pan yet!
1. Put the pan back onto the Ozpig using the Flat Iron BBQ plate to achieve a medium heat.
2. Add the rest of the butter and sprinkle in the flour, mixing until all combined.
3. Add beef stock ¼ cup at a time, making sure you scrape any residue left in the pan.
4. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for another minute or two.
5. Add cream and season with 1 tsp of Ozpig Beef rub.
6. Stir and set aside.
1. Cube and boil potatoes until well cooked
2. Drain then add milk and butter
3. Mash and mash and mash until velvety smooth.
Plate up your mash then cover with meatballs on one side, then jam and pickles on the other. Drizzle with cream sauce – devour!
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.