1 large brown onion
2 celery stalks
½ a tomato
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp of Za’atar (middle eastern thyme based spice mix)
2 cans of chickpeas, drained
1 can of cherry tomatoes, drained
1 cup of water or vegetable stock 1 cup of breadcrumbs
½ cup of finely chopped coriander stalks
1 cup of feta cheese
Finely chopped mixed nuts Pomegranate molasses or honey
Salt and pepper
1 cup of Greek yogurt Pomegranate molasses or honey
1. In a food processor, blitz the onion, carrots, celery, ½ tomato and garlic. Alternatively, you could finely chop these ingredients.
2. Sauté the vegetables until soft.
3. Add 2 tbsps. of Za’atar and continue to sauté.
4. Blitz the chickpeas in a food processor or again, finely chop.
5. Add the chickpeas to the vegetables and continue to cook.
6. Add the can of cherry tomatoes, trying not to bust them up.
7. Add the water or stock.
8. Once the mixture is soft, allow it to cool for around 30-40 minutes.
9. Bring the Oven Smoker to 180 degrees Celsius and line a bread tin with baking paper or oil.
10. Mix in the eggs to the loaf mix and add the coriander stalks, breadcrumbs and feta cheese.
11. Transfer to the baking tin and add a handful of finely chopped mixed nuts to the top with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses. Alternatively, you could use honey.
12. Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil, then remove the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes or until firm to touch and golden on top. Sauce:
13. Mix the Greek yogurt, molasses or honey, olive oil and Za’atar and serve with warm nut loaf.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.