2 cups mixed fruit
1 cup pitted prunes (chopped)
½ cup walnuts (chopped)
Juice and rind of one orange
1/3 cup fireball
¼ cup golden syrup
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2/3 cup thickened cream
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp bicarb soda
Fireball Butterscotch Sauce
1 cup brown sugar
80g unsalted (good quality) butter
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1x vanilla bean pod (don’t use the nasty essence stuff)
100ml thickened cream
1. Place mixed fruit, prunes, walnuts, orange juice, rind, fireball and syrup into a bowl and combine.
2. Mix eggs, cream, nutmeg and bicarb together and then gently fold into fruit mixture.
3. Using a 5 cup pudding tin, spray with oil and add in mixture.
4. Foil the pudding tin, crunching the edges so no steam can escape and then cover with lid.
5. Fire up Ozpig with large saucepan of water and bring to boil (water should come half way up pudding tin).
6. Boil for 5hrs (topping up water frequently).
7. About an hour before you are ready to eat the pudding, lightly smoke it in the Ozpig Oven Smoker (put a bed of foil underneath the pudding whilst smoking)
8. Ensure it is a relatively light (not heavy) smoke, as you just want to warm the pudding and not over-smoke it
1. In small saucepan over the Ozpig, melt butter (low heat).
2. Add sugar and stir constantly until dissolved.
3. Add vanilla bean paste and cream (remove from heat).
Cover pudding in icing sugar (go heavy!), add raspberries on top (for colour) and then when your guests are ready, zap fireball in microwave for 20 seconds and then pour over pudding and light!
The icing sugar once combined with the sweet Fireball creates the perfect glaze. Serve with fireball butterscotch sauce!
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.