1 cup white sugar
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
2 tbsp vanilla essence
1. Add sugar into a sauce pan and melt over the fire using the heat diffuser.
2. Allow to simmer gently until it starts to turn a golden colour.
3. Remove from the heat while you mix the filling. To make filling lightly beat the eggs then mix in the condensed milk, evaporated milk and 2 tablespoons vanilla.
4. Tip filling onto the caramel in a pan with a lid. Place pan inside a camp oven on top of the Ozpig and add enough boiling water to go halfway up the pan.
5. Place lid on camp oven and allow water to simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Remove camp oven to the side plate and keep warm enough so the water is just steaming no need to be boiling.
7. Allow to sit with the water hot for 2-3 hours or until flan is set.
8. Allow to cool in fridge. Flip upside down on a plate to serve.
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.