1. Soak cedar plank in water for an hour or so, mostly to prevent it from catching fire.
2. Preheat the Oven Smoker to around 180°C. Season salmon with salt, pepper and olive oil and garnish with sprigs of dill and slices of lemon.
3. Remove cedar plank from water then position salmon on the plank, making sure to get some oil between the salmon and the plank to help avoid sticking.
4. The salmon should only take around 20 or so minutes to cook at 180°C, depending on how you like it cooked. Check your salmon and if you’re happy with how it’s cooked, remove from the Oven Smoker and remove from the plank.
1. Chips Prep the Ozpig and a wok of oil over medium high heat. Cut your potatoes into chips. Check your oil, you want to be close to 180°C.
2. Fry the chips in small batches and cook until softened but only about half cooked.
3. Remove chips from oil and allow to drain and cool on paper towel. Give the chips a second fry and cook until golden and crispy.
4. Remove from oil, give a quick drain on paper towel then season with salt or chicken salt.
5. Plate up the salmon and chips and serve with a wedge of lemon and a cold beer!
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm |
|26cm diameter round plate &|
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm|
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.Learn More
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!Learn More
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.Learn More
FIND A DEALER
The Ozpig is the clever Aussie invention created by the Shepherd family whose passion for great food and time spent with friends and family bought the concept to life, with a focus on real fire, real flavour and real heat. The Ozpig is more than just a grill. This is the ultimate in outdoor cooking and heating.